PINRA (Participant Initiated Non-RID Activity)
PINRA activities include events/seminars that an interpreter/transliterator wishes to attend but are not offered by an RID approved sponsor and are not pre-approved to award CEUs for attendance. The activity must have specific known standards, a documented format, educational objectives, and a purpose.
Some examples of PINRAs are:
Interim: Cindi Brown, CI,CT firstname.lastname@example.org
Process to Complete a PINRA
- Audited college courses
- Non-credit courses at an educational institution
- Corporate trainings
- Community education
- School district in-services
- Organizational conventions/seminars
Documents for PINRA applicants:
Attendance Verification Form for PINRA
- Obtain information about the conference, workshop or seminar you want to attend.
- Contact the PARID CMP Coordinator prior to the commencement of the activity. Keep in mind that PARID’s CMP Coordinators have full-time jobs other than their work as sponsors. Please do not call the PARID CMP Coordinator the day before an activity. You might be disappointed to find that the sponsor will not be able to sponsor that event for you.
- The PARID CMP Coordinator will discuss the PINRA with you to determine whether it is CEU-worthy, in which category the activity will fall (general studies vs. professional studies), and how many CEUs can be awarded for the activity. She will send you a PINRA form to complete. Note: it is the CMP Coordinator’s right and responsibility to secure the necessary documentation from the CEU requestor to properly sponsor the activity according to the CMP Standards & Criteria.
- Attend the conference or seminar and collect the appropriate documentation. Send the sponsor the following proof of attendance once the activity is completed.
- Attendance Verification Form for PINRA
- One handout from the event