Counties: Clarion, Crawford, Erie, Forest, Mercer, Venango, Warren
District Rep: Ryan O'Keefe
District Representative Position Description
- Represent the local district in all activities (meetings, conferences, events, etc) except those expressly prohibited by law, or by the by-laws.
- Actively promote and represent PARID and the local district by attending local functions, including public forums relating to interpreting issues and the Deaf community.
- Serve as the board liaison to at least one PARID committee.
- Serve as a contact person for the designated PARID district.
- Submit articles/news/information to the PARID newsletter editor following the “Newsletter Policy”.
- Inform the PARID board of the district members’ concerns and issues.
- Conduct district activities as appropriate.
- Provide an annual report to the PARID president by August 1st of each year using the local district annual report form.
- Participate in the PARID Board Yahoo group.
- Respond to all mail, email, and telephone correspondence in a timely manner.
- The District Representative shall have such other powers and perform such other duties as may be prescribed by the Board of Directors.
Board Meeting and General Membership Meeting Duties
- Attend all PARID board and general membership meetings.
- Submit written district reports to the PARID board in preparation for each regular board meeting and the annual membership meeting.
- Provide a presentation at the general membership meeting on district activities for the past year.
- Host a PARID board meeting as scheduled.
Local District Duties
- Preside over local district meetings at least two (2) times per fiscal year.
- Inform the district members of PARID board news/concerns.
- Assess the needs of the district, developing short-term and long-term goals.
- Co-sign all local district fund request forms following the “Policy and Procedures for Disbursement of Funds”.
- Delegate duties to local district members as appropriate.
- Provide a safe and comfortable environment that is supportive of seasoned, experienced, and novice interpreters / PARID members.
- Outreach to interpreters in the district who are currently not members of PARID.
- Sign contracts to spend local district funds in accordance with the Policy and Procedures for Disbursement of Funds.